Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I held my hand out in the moonlight as I walked into work this morning. It was so bright I thought I might could read if I'd had a book. Within a half hour the eclipse started and it felt so strange, how darkness fell. It was such a fine warm fall morning and the sky was perfectly clear for viewing. I called my husband and had him wake the kids up. I could see the moon through the parlor door as I milked, and I ran outside at full eclipse to see it really well. It was spectacular---the best one I've ever seen. Apparently the kids and their dad were on the side of the road by a neighboring pasture watching too. Our girl snapped a picture about half way through.
"I see the moon and the moon sees me and the moon sees the one I want to see."

No comments:

Post a Comment